Softball Australia has identified the most important challenges and opportunities facing softball.
- With more than 1400 new participants in the past 12 months, Social 7s has proven that it has a market. Our aim is to explore commercial provider opportunities for Social 7s.
- Softball is now ranked in the top 10 of the Sporting Schools Program. Our challenge is to ensure that as many participants as possible make the transition from school to club softball.
- With softball reinstated into the Olympics, our High Performance Program will need greater resources. We must ensure that devoting more attention to this program does not come at the expense of overall participation and growth.
- We will continue to hold and build upon the international events held in February to provide high-level competition for our open women players.
- We must continue to develop our clubs and associations. The implementation of our Club and Association Development Co-ordinator roles has been a success, and the Homeplate portal has provided an excellent resource to grassroots administrators.
- We have recently implemented a National Insurance Program, which will deliver cost benefits to all members.
- Growing revenue from non-government sources is a priority. We have opportunities to exploit products such as Social 7s commercially to generate licensing income.