Coach Accreditation and Updating
Keeping your Coach accreditation up to date
It is important for new and current coaches to understand their duty of care and risk management challenges when delivering a safe and fun environment and that all requirements are adhered to. Softball Australia has an obligation to ensure all coaches seeking accreditation or reaccreditation understand the current duty of care responsibilities and child protection rules.
The following courses/modules updates must completed for accreditation and re-accreditation:
- Sport Australia Community Coaching or Officiating General Principles complete every four years
- Play by the Rules Harassment and Discrimination completed every two years
- Play by the Rules Child Protection completed every two years
- Coaches Code of Conduct must be completed, signed and a copy sent to the relevant state office
NOTE: If updating requirements are not completed within six years, you must repeat the accreditation course. Coaches who do not complete updating requirements by the due date must achieve 100 points and an additional 25 points for each year beyond expiry. Additional points must be achieved in coaching principles and/or softball specific.
Update your Coach accreditation
Softball Australia requires all accredited coaches to participate in a variety of education activities to maintain their accreditation. The following sets out the current practice for re-accreditation and will be reviewed when changes to performance courses occur.
- Coaches can update their accreditation by completing the next level of accreditation OR achieving a total of 100 points over four years
- Currently, Foundation and Performance (Level 4-6 coaches) must achieve a maximum of 25 points per year and a minimum of 20 in each category and complete the Coaching Updating Activity Sheet to validate their updating activities
- When updating is complete, the coach must forward the Coaching Updating Activity Sheet, a signed Softball Australia Coaches Code of Conduct and the relevant registration fee to their state for approval
- New updating requirements commence immediately re-registration is received