Community Umpire Program
Welcome to the Softball Australia Community Umpire Program.
The Softball Australia Community Umpiring Program provides a basic, association or school-based training and development program for those who are new to the role of umpiring, and is perfect for teachers, parents or players who wish to take their first steps onto the diamond in an officiating role. It provides progression to the Softball Australia Level 1 Introduction to Umpiring Program. It aims to teach the fundamentals of umpiring, enhance the development of umpires through a greater linkage to the Level 1 Introduction to Umpiring Program, and potentially identify candidates to facilitate the progression of umpiring development and accreditation.
The program promotes the role of umpiring to people looking to get involved with umpiring, and to those who are required to umpire as part of their respective club/team duties. It provides volunteers with the support, protection and fundamentals needed to enable them to perform their umpiring duty.
The Softball Australia Community Umpire Program is provided through the Participants Manual, Promotional Poster and Program Cards – links provided here.
The Community Umpire Program has a four-pronged strategy:
- To inform beginner umpires about the basics needed to go out and umpire a game of Softball,
- To inform associations/schools about how best to protect and educate beginner umpires,
- To provide associations/schools with the resources to implement a beginner umpire program, and
- To outline the process toward Level 1 Umpire National Accreditation.
|Softball Australia Community Umpire Program – Participants Manual. v1.9 June 2020 (PDF 1.83Mb)
– This is the Full Manual in PDF format
|Softball Australia Community Umpire Program – Umpiring Made Easy: Softball Australia Coloured Shirt Program – Google Books format
– This is the Association/School program resource book
|Program resource book|
|Softball Australia Community Umpire Program – Promotional Poster.
– This is a promotional poster for Associations/Schools in Word format