Each year National Championships are held around Australia in the following categories:
- Under 17 Boys/Girls
- Under 19 Men/Women
- Under 23 Men/Women
- Open Men/Women.
- Additional National Events include U15’s Regional and International Friendship Series.
Each year, umpires can nominate their availability for consideration for national appointment by completing the application form as outlined below.
This process is to be completed if you wish to attend in the following roles:
- Nationally accredited umpire (currently level 5 or higher)
- State accredited umpire (currently level 2 or higher)
- Candidate umpire (currently a level 4 or 5)
2019 National Championships
To apply for 2019 National Championships, umpires must complete the online application form by 5:00pm Sunday 27 May 2018.
Venues and Dates of the 2019 National Championships are listed below:
- Gilley’s Shield (Open Women) and Under 15 Girls Regional: Mirrabooka WA, 5-11 January 2019
- Under 17 Boys and Under 17 Girls: Adelaide SA, 5-11 January 2019
- John Reid Shield (Open Men) and Under 15 Boys Regional: Hawker ACT, 13-19 January 2019
- Under 19 Men and Under 19 Women: Blacktown NSW, 20-26 January 2019
- Under 23 Men and Under 23 Women: TBA
- Level 2-4 umpires can apply for the Under 15 Regional Championships.
- Level 3-4 umpires identified and approved by their State Directors, can apply for the Under 17 Nationals.
- All umpires appointed to a National Championship / Event will be invoiced the Umpire Levy, this includes the Under 15 Regional Championships.
- All umpires shall submit a copy of their electronic Umpire Activity Log when applying.
- Umpires of Levels 2 – 4 (and umpires seeking to be assessed as a candidates for Level 6) are to provide a development plan – SAL NUP Individual Goals Activity Plan
Umpire Activity Log
An electronic Umpire Activity Log has been developed and is available for immediate use. When applying for National appointments, submission of Umpire Activity Logs will only be accepted using this tool. Any umpire who has been using their own Excel spreadsheet can, with a little knowledge and care, copy and paste the relevant columns.
- Application Form for a Permit to Officiate Overseas (form 1-4a)
National Championship Umpire Guide
A booklet has been created to provide umpires with information on what to expect when attending an Australian National Championship
Australian Softball Umpire Development Program
To assist aspiring National umpires on their quest for International certification, the Australian Development Program has been devised. Criteria and application form below.
Liaison Officers booklet
A booklet created to assist Liaison Officers appointed to Australian National Championships