PLAYING RULES ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND DATES AVAILABILITY
There are two types of Playing Rules Assessment available.
OPEN RULES ASSESSMENT
12.00am AEST – Saturday 26th April – Sunday 3rd May 2018
- Open – More difficult type rules. For Players, Coaches, Level 0 – 8 umpires.
- We encourage everyone wanting to test their advanced knowledge to sit this Open Rules Assessment; it is available only during set times of the year.
- The Open Rules Assessment must be undertaken by umpires every second year to maintain their accreditation and every year for umpires wanting to advance their accreditation.
- Level 0-1 umpires may sit this Assessment, if they do not meet the required pass mark, they then may sit the Basic Assessment to apply for accreditation assessment.
BASIC RULES ASSESSMENT
Saturday 29th April 2017 – Saturday 31st March 2018
- Basic – Easy type questions on everyday plays and situations. Level 0 – 1 umpires.
- The Basic Rules Assessment can be undertaken anytime from 29 April – 31 March.
- We welcome players, coaches, scorers, officials and parents to test their knowledge.
REGISTRATION OR ASSESSMENT LINKS
If you do not have a user name and password, or cannot reset your previous password then you need to register to receive an invite to the assessment portal.
Next steps: Wait to receive your ‘invite’ by email from ‘the Assessment portal’ after your registration request is processed, this may take up to a week or so, please check your spam filter or junk folder for an email from “no reply”, the instructions will be in the email invitation. Please record your username and password for future use.
If you already have an active username and can log in to the Assessment portal, and you can also see on the Assessment page link “Congratulations you have tested your log in credentials”, you do not have to do anything.
You may log on at any time of the year complete the practice/test questions.
- If you have previously sat the Basic Assessment and want to sit the Open Assessment, you must register online – please add your existing username if it is active.
- Note: You must have a username and password from a personal invite, you cannot go to the coursesites portal directly, and register yourself.
Coursesites is a global free learning management system for K12 and Higher Ed Instructors enabling blended & eLearning, it does not know who you are without an invite to register a username to the rules assessment.
ACCREDITATION AND ASSESSMENT TYPES
- For more information on assessment types and accreditation requirements, go to
OFFICIAL PLAYING RULES 2014-2017
- Now is a good time to start to study the rules. If you do not have the Rules, go to http://www.softball.org.au/the-rules-of-softball/ to purchase electronic or printed versions of the Official Playing Rules 2014-2017.
INFORMATION, HELP and FAQ’s
Rules – Softball Australia Online Rules Assessment User – FAQ v3 – * UPDATED Oct ’17 *
Rules – How to Register for the Assessment Portal Invitation – * UPDATED Oct ’17 *