Home / Levels of Accreditation
Levels of Accreditation
There are 8 levels in the Australian umpiring accreditation system:
- Level 1: Is awarded when a rules assessment theory pass mark has been attained, successful completion of the two modules in the “Play By The Rules” free online training course* and a basic understanding for umpire mechanics has been demonstrated. This is covered by the Softball Australia Level 1 Introductory Umpire Program and does not require the formal practical assessment to be undertaken, only an on-diamond check of your Umpiring skills by a softball official at your association.
- Levels 2-4: Involves passing a theory based exam and a practical assessment at either local or state competitions/tournaments.
- Levels 5-6: Involves passing a theory based exam and a practical assessment at national tournaments.
- Levels 7-8: Recognition accreditations and are awarded by the Softball Australia National Umpiring Program (Softball Australia NUP).
* First time registration for Play By The Rules online training is required.
Click here to view the experience and pass marks required for each level.