Softball Australia is seeking expressions of interest for coaches and team managers for Australian squads for the 2016 Softball Australia International Friendship Series program, to be held at Blacktown International Sportspark, from Friday 1 July – Friday 8 July.
Softball Australia will have two junior women’s and two junior men’s teams participating in the program and is seeking:
- 1 Head Coach per team (4 in total)
- 2 Development Coaches per team (8 in total)
- 1 Team Manager per team (4 in total)
This is an ideal opportunity for coaches and team managers to enter the national pathway for junior and senior Australian team programs. The week will expose coaches to education and development opportunities in addition to working with Australia’s best junior athletes.
The Friendship Series program includes a three day training camp (Friday 1 July – Sunday 3 July) and five day tournament (Monday 4 July – Friday 8 July). There will be other teams from Australia and overseas participating in the tournament.
There is no levy payable for the team manager positions. A levy is payable for the coach positions, approximate cost (incl. GST) will be as follows:
- $450 for coaches if flights are not required; $600 if flights are required
The levy covers accommodation, meals, apparel, team photo, tournament program and all other development opportunities during the week.
- A copy of the applicant’s resume
- A covering letter (no more than 1 page) which addresses the required qualifications and experience in the PD.
Successful applicants will be contacted via e-mail and/or phone.