Softball Australia is seeking to appoint a highly organised and innovative Head Coach to the Australian Open Women’s Softball Team, CTI Aussie Spirit, for the 2016 Women’s World Championship. The Head Coach will be required to achieve specific performance outcomes and drive an innovative athlete centred training and competition environment. Essential personal attributes required in this role are: strong leadership, outstanding communication skills, innovation and an ability to motivate others.
This appointment will commence on 1 January 2016 and conclude on 31 August 2016. This short term appointment is made necessary due to the pending decision, to include Women’s Softball in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, which will be made in August 2016. Consequently, it may be possible to extend the term of this appointment, pending performance outcomes and review.
Financial compensation for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Key dates requiring the Head Coach’s participation are:
- Jan 3-9 Open Women’s National Championship (select a squad of 30 athletes, to take part in the Down Under Series)
- Feb 3-7 Open Women’s Squad compete in Down Under Series with games against New Zealand and Japan (this will be the final selection event to select the team for the 2016 World Championship)
- Feb 17-21 Open Women’s Team plays games against Japan Toyota Red Terriers.
- Apr/May/Jun Games series over one weekend each month, dates to be confirmed early in 2016
- Jul 3-15 World Championship preparation/tour
- Jul 16-24 World Championship
- Aug 2016 Program review and performance debrief
For interested applicants, please see the attached relevant documents:
Applications must be submitted on the above form and include Member State endorsement and content validation, applicants are to also include: a copy of their resume and address the Key Position Criteria in the Position Description
Applications must be submitted to the National Teams’ & Events Manager, Tony Milligan ([email protected]) no later than COB on 11 December 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Tony Milligan on 03 9417 0022 (ext 112) or 0404 757 026.