Governance & management
Softball Australia is governed by a Board of 7 independent Directors elected by the 8 Member States, plus 2 Directors appointed by the Board. The Directors have a vast array of experience and expertise, ranging from business, marketing and human resource management, through to participation in Softball as players, coaches and officials at the highest levels and at the grassroots.
Some governance and management facts follow:
- In April 2008 the ASC published its report Too Few Too Much on the review of Softball in Australia. In response to that report, the governance and management of Softball Australia has been transformed and modernised.
- The Softball Australia Constitution was adopted in October 2008
- Softball Australia became a company limited by guarantee on 13 January 2009
- On 4 April 2009 the first Softball Australia Ltd Board of Directors was elected at the new entity's first General Meeting
- The 5-year Softball Australia Strategic Plan was ratified by the Board in May 2009
- Softball Australia Limited's first Annual Report was published in October and the 1st AGM was held on 20 November 2009
- The Board meets a minimum of 6 times a year, usually in Melbourne
- There are 2 Board Committees – the Governance Committee and the Finance Committee
- The Softball Australia AGM is held in late October or early November
- The work of the management team is supported by 8 Working Committees that report to the CEO
- The work of the Board and management is supported by policies and guidelines
- Softball Australia has an annual operating budget in excess of $2.3 million. Our principal source of revenue is grants from the ASC, followed by membership fees, other levies and charges and sponsorship.