Softball Australia is the national governing body for Softball in Australia. Our membership comprises:
- 8 States and Territories (Member States)
- 105 Softball Associations and 500 Clubs
- More than 32,000 individual members who play, coach, officiate and support Softball in Australia.
We estimate that more than 120,000 individuals participate in competitive and recreational Softball programs in various capacities around the country.
Softball Australia is one of 127 member affiliates of the International Softball Federation (ISF). An estimated 20 million people play Softball worldwide.
Softball Australia's purpose is to:
- Be the dynamic and innovative leader of Softball in Australia
- Engage, support and inform all Softball stakeholders
- Raise the profile and standing of and participation in Softball
- Support and deliver quality competitive and recreational Softball opportunities locally, nationally and internationally
Our vision is to be the world's number one Softball nation, providing exciting competitive and recreational opportunities to a rapidly expanding and diverse membership and to communities throughout Australia.
We can justifiably make this claim based on the performance of our national teams on the world stage.
- Our Open Women's team, the Aussie Spirit, is ranked 3rd in the world following their bronze medal result at the 2008 Olympic Games and 2006 ISF World Championship
- Our Open Men's team, the Aussie Steelers, is ranked 1st in the world following their win at the 2009 ISF World Championship
- Our Under 19 Women's team, the Aussie Pride, is ranked 3rd in the world following their bronze medal result at the 2007 ISF Under 19 Women's World Championship
- Our Under 19 Men's team, the Aussie Colts, is ranked 1st in the world following their win at the 2008 ISF Under 19 Men's World Championship
These achievements are a reflection of the quality of our various programs and services, as well as the dedication and efforts of our members and staff.
Softball Australia provides numerous services, programs and activities to our members and the wider Softball community, such as:
- National events, including Australian championships
- Tours to Australia by international teams
- Programs for children, including Softball Batter Up
- Social inclusion programs for people with a disability, for Indigenous Australians and the socially disadvantaged
- Corporate and social Softball programs
- Coaching clinics and online coaching tools, tips and techniques
- International tour management
- Different types of Softball for people of all ages and abilities
- Opportunities for players, coaches and officials to compete at the highest national and international levels
- Member recognition programs
- Softball equipment, clothing and merchandise
- A national membership database and website services
- Paid and volunteer employment opportunities
- Accreditation programs and professional development activities for coaches, umpires and scorers
- Sponsorship and advertising opportunities
- Resources to support Association and Club development and management
- Access to Commonwealth Government funding