Softball Australia is establishing a national coaching panel for the Australian Men’s high performance program, encompassing both the Aussie Steelers and Junior Steelers national teams.
In essence, this will be a pool of appointed coaches working under the direction of Head Coach Laing Harrow, across both programs.
The potential benefits of this program are:
- To develop a greater number of potential elite men’s coaches
- The opportunity to upskill and develop coaches in specific areas
- More nationally aligned coaches recruited and working within the daily training environment at state level, delivering nationally aligned training for athletes
- Greater levels of athlete monitoring and reporting and individual performance plan supervision and mentoring
- The opportunity for the program Head Coach and High Performance Manager to select tour coaching staff from the national coaching pool, aligning specific coaching skills to the tour/event requirement
- During a tour the Head Coach may appoint others to the role for specific games or pre-event tours to provide development and experience opportunities
- In some instances the program Head Coach may attend events/tours as a coaching mentor while providing the opportunity for others to fill the Head Coach position on a short term basis
- Succession planning in the appointment of national team Head Coaches
Softball Australia is calling for expressions of interest for the Australian Men’s Coaching Panel, for assistant coaches and specialist coaches, including battery, offensive and defensive coaches.
Those who are appointed to the panel may have the opportunity to work in either or both of the Aussie Steelers and Junior Steelers national team programs, including the following:
- 2017 Men’s World Championship
- 2017 International Friendship Series (working with the Australian U19 Men’s Squad)
- 2018 Junior Men’s World Championship
To apply for the coaching panel, a minimum of Level 3 coaching accreditation and a Working With Children Check is required and the Position Application Form must be completed.
Applications must be sent to the High Performance Manager, Andy Utting ([email protected]) no later than COB on Tuesday 21 March 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Andy on 0402 681 654.