As was the case this year, the 2019 Open Women’s Coaching Panel will be a pool of appointed coaches working under the direction of Head Coach Laing Harrow with the Travelodge Aussie Spirit program.
The potential benefits of this program are:
- To develop a greater number of potential elite women’s coaches
- The opportunity to upskill and develop coaches in specific areas
- More nationally aligned coaches recruited and working within the daily training environment at state level, delivering nationally aligned training for athletes
- Greater levels of athlete monitoring and reporting and individual performance plan supervision and mentoring
- The opportunity for the program Head Coach to select tour coaching staff from the national coaching pool, aligning specific coaching skills to the tour/event requirement
Softball Australia is calling for expressions of interest for the 2019 Women’s Coaching Panel, for assistant coaches and specialist coaches, including battery, offensive and defensive coaches.
Those who are appointed to the panel may have the opportunity to be involved with the Travelodge Aussie Spirit program in the lead up to the 2019 Olympic Qualification event. The first panel opportunity will be the 2019 Asia Pacific Cup and New Event to be held in Sydney from January 31 – February 7.
To apply for the coaching panel, a minimum of Level 3 coaching accreditation is required and applicants must go to the below link and fill in the form:
Applications must be sent to the High Performance Manager, Simone Wearne ([email protected]) no later than COB on Sunday 2 December 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Simone on 0407 047 476.