Softball Australia is seeking applications for the position of Head Coach to the Australian Open Women’s Softball Team, Aussie Spirit. This will be an initial two year full-time role, with a full review after the completion of the 2018 Open Women’s Softball World Championship.
The preferred base location for this position is: Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne with potential relocation assistance to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Softball Australia’s 2015 comprehensive High Performance (HP) review, coupled with the 2016 IOC announcement of women’s softball inclusion for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Summer Games, has necessitated the employment of an outstanding full-time softball coach.
The Aussie Spirit Head Coach will play a significant role in leading and driving Softball Australia’s HP program and culture, based on:
- A Vison of – Sustained international success.
- A Mission of – Optimal performance by Softball Australia athletes and coaches at international signature events, achieved through best practice and innovation High Performance planning and delivery.
- A Philosophy of being – Athlete-centred, coach-led and performance driven.
To apply for this position, applicants are required to submit:
- A cover letter (maximum two pages)
- Address essential criteria, key section criteria and personal attributes within the Position Description (maximum 5 pages), providing evidence and examples of specific knowledge and experience
- Curriculum vitae including the contact details for three referees
Position applications and any enquires for this position must be addressed to Chet Gray, CEO, Softball Australia, [email protected].
The closing date for applications is COB Wednesday 30 November 2016.